This is a reminder that our next meeting will be on Tuesday, 14 February at 19:00 in the CSH Library. We’ll spend some time writing and talking about what we came up with. Then we might look at a short story or poem together!
(We might also, considering the date, talk about the concept of Hallmark Holidays.)
Feel free, as always, to bring anything you’d like to discuss. Or snacks.
Please don’t forget our meeting tomorrow, November 15, at 7:00 p.m. in, as usual, the Carl-Schurz-Haus Library! We look forward to seeing you there!
We might, among other things, discuss this big list of where to submit in November: http://entropymag.org/where-to-submit-october-november-2016/
It was great to see so many of you (both new faces and old) at our meeting this last Tuesday! We first talked a lot about how we spent our summers. Then we looked at the Carl-Schurz-Haus schedule through the rest of the year. Some dates you might want to remember:
- Nell Zink, author of The Wallcreeper (among others) will be reading this coming Tuesday, 20 Sept 2016 at 20:00 in the Kommunales Kino (infos here). (This is going to be awesome!)
- If you are an American living abroad, you can come to the CSH on Thursday, 22 Sept 2016 and register to vote in the upcoming general election (infos here).
- Join us on 11 Oct 2016 for our regularly-scheduled meeting.
- Come watch the election returns with us in the Cinemaxxx the evening of 08 Nov 2016 (infos here). We won’t be holding our regularly-scheduled meeting that evening, instead . . .
- Join us on 15 Nov 2016 for an irregularly-scheduled meeting of the Freiburg Writers’ Group!
- And on 06 Dec 2016, celebrate winter and writing with us at our Winter Reading in the CSH Library (infos here)!
After scheduling, we discussed some really interesting writing by one of our members. We are, always, looking for other members of our group to submit writing to be workshopped. If you’re interested, please be in touch!
Summer is coming to an end. Already the nights are noticeably cooler and the days shorter. It would seem it is time to start thinking about the work that can be done inside as opposed to the fun that can be had outside. And, after a short break, it is also time for the Freiburg Writers’ Group to start meeting again. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, 13 September at 19:00 in the Carl-Schurz-Haus Library. We will be discussing, among other things, an untitled text by Rebecca Watson. I have sent the text to our regulars, but if you would like to join us (and you are welcome to do so!), I would be happy to send the text to you as well! Just drop me a line (see “contact” and “mail” in the sidebar). As to what else we might discuss, I’m always open to suggestion!
I look forward to seeing you next week!
On July 12, we held our summer reading in the Hofcafé Corosol. We filled the room and listened to writing by Donald, Rebecca, Shawn, and Tracy! It was a very nice evening and I’m already looking forward to our Winter Reading (which will be on December 6–mark your calendars!)!
Don’t forget that we are not meeting in August. I’ll see you all again on September 13!
Have a great summer!
Greetings all from the depths of jet-lag! I spent the last two weeks in both Washingtons (DC and State) learning all about how to help foreign students attend college/university in the US. It was both wonderful and exhausting! But that is neither here nor there.
Next Tuesday, 12 July @ 19:00, we will be holding our summer reading at Hofcafé Corosol and all are invited! There will be food, drinks, friendly people, and an open mic should you want to share something you’ve been working on! We would love to see and hear you!
The Freiburg Writers’ Group summer reading aims to celebrate both the work the group has done over the last six months as well as English-language creative writing in Freiburg in general!
Here’s how to find Hofcafé Corosol: